-->

Friday, April 11, 2014

follow friday: @faithlord

name // faith lord
age // 23
location // minnesota soon to be new zealand 
occupation // jewerly & clothing designer || photographer || entrepreneur
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
i have been following this lovely lady for i don't know how long now, and i am continually inspired by her incredible style, aesthetic, and monochromatic theme throughout her feed. not only is she insanely well-dressed and has amazing hair, but she takes wonderful photos, is multi-talented, and is dating a handsome, scruffy biker dude from new zealand... can i be her already?!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
1 // what inspires your daily life?
I am most inspired by people who find happiness and beauty in the simplest things. Simplicity is lovely. I have a little sister who is downsydrome (@goochiesmile), she brings so much joy and fun to anything she does; like I could literally chill with her all day everyday and never get bored.  I want to live my life like her; carefree and happy.

2 // what is a trend you are currently into or loving?
I'm not much of a trend follower, I mostly just wear what I like. Is black a trend? I love black. It's timeless and safe; in the sense that you can't really tell when I eat crap into a giant mud puddle, or managed to drip on myself very time I have a feed.  I use to wear every color in the rainbow, but I always stain my clothes haha, so black is my BFFL.  I also love hats. I'm a hat hoarder but only endup wearing my favorite one. I have a massive lions mane that attacks me every morning so without hats, I'd probably just stay in bed most days ;)

3 // where do you picture yourself in 10 years, personally and professionally?
I'll be living in New Zealand with my Jossi man and our little guppies (children), running a fashion/outerwear/biker boutique with him in Wanaka. I also hope to have a creative fashion photography studio as well.

4 // what are you listening to lately?
Austra, CHVRCHES, and some Ricky Ross for when I'm feelin BA.

5 // you have such an eye for great design, where does that stem from?
Well both my parents are amazing artist along with my Grandmom (the original Faith Lord).  She paints some incredible pieces and has been making clothes, jewelry, and many other DIY's for ages.  Sooo maybe I was born with it haaa! 

6 // how long have you been designing your jewelry at parallel pulse?
My partner (@_veronicamae) and I started PP last summer, so close to a year now.

7 // if you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?!
Sushi.

8 // do you plan on staying put in your current location or do you have plans to live in other places?
Refer to question 3 haha.  Forreal though. My big, strong, furry boyfriend (@jossiwells) is from New Zealand so I'll for sure be living there most of the time. I'd also like to move to Cali next winter, but we'll see what God has planned for me.

9 // who is the number one person you look up to in your life?
Jesus.  Who else will never let you down? Also Jossi because he looks like Jesus...haha jk, but he clearly makes me better (cheesy). I love dreaming with him and making our dreams reality.

10 // where could we find you on the weekend or your day off?
If it's warm and sunny I'm sure I'll be face-down-boody up on the beach with a cold one ha ha or riding with Jossi on his bike, or eating an obscene amount of Yogurt Lab while strolling effortlessly around the city, or photographing one of my beautiful muses.  If it's cold and snowy I'll probably be antiquing, snowboarding, or hibernating, or freeeeeezing my *ss off exploring and photographing in ice caves.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

follow her here --->>
instagram // @faithlord
jewelry // parallelpulse.com
blog // faithlord.tumblr.com
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug
x's + o's
kaitlin elaine


2 comments:

  1. really beautiful images! I have a (probably annoying) question: what is your preferred instagram filter? i am assuming you use VSCO, so perhaps i should be asking: what VSCO filter is your fave? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely interview! I am uber inspired by her, since Ive known her instagram feed, too.

    ReplyDelete