-->

Monday, June 2, 2014

make-up monday: fresh, natural summer look

Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

this is a makeup look i do a lot in the summer months. fresh, light, and fairly natural without being a "no makeup-makeup look" because obviously, i'm still wearing makeup! i've always loathed putting on mascara no matter what time of the year it is, and in summer i have such bad allergies, my eyes itch and water and i end up smearing it everywhere. i've decided i just look better without raccoon mascara and bloodshot, watery eyes. i like this look because it's light, bright, and makes you feel just enough "put together" and acceptable for going out to dinner or sitting at the beach, only using 7 products!

let's begin!
1 // applied gariner bb cream in light/medium for oily combo skin.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

2 // applied laura mercier mineral powder in 'real sand' [my summer color, yay!] with my ELF flat top powder brush. skip this step if the bb cream is enough coverage for you! i always wear powder because my skin is so oily, especially in hotter weather.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

3 // applied physician's formula botanical bronzer in 'sunnybuddy' with my ELF small tapered brush. mostly contoured cheekbones, forehead/temples, brought some down my nose and chin. wherever the sun would naturally hit. i used this large bronzer brush to blend some down my neck and on my decolletage.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

4 // still obsessed with this blush, i haven't stopped using it for one day yet! applied milani blush in 'luminoso' to the apples of my cheeks.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

5 // i filled in my brows much lighter than usual, when i wear more eye makeup, bolder brows are required. in summer my hair is typically lighter too which also means lighter eyebrows. you can see how i do my brow here, i only used the lightest color in my milani brow fix kit. added clear mascara, then added the highlighter color to my brow bone and inner corners to brighten my eyes.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

6 // if i wasn't doing a makeup tutorial, a lot of days i will skip mascara all together. like i said before, my allergies just don't like me and make it miserable to wear! today i applied one coat of my covergirl lashblast in black to my top lashes only. i do love this same look without it even though my lashes are super blonde, i think it works for summer!
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

7 // i am obsessed with this lip product right now! it is the revlon colorstay moisture stain in 'cannes crush' which is a pretty pinky-coral color. i also have it in 'shanghai sizzle' which is much more red. the formula of these is amazing. i hate wearing lip glosses and i was fearful it would be sticky or feel like a gloss, but not at all! they apply like a creamy gloss, then kind of sink it and have so much moisture plus amazing color pay off. after awhile of having it on, it almost looks like a lipstick when the shininess leaves. and after hours of wearing, they leave your lips with the prettiest stain! here i am wearing 'cannes crush'.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset
after it sinks it a little bit...
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

...and that's basically the look! for some people this may be your daily makeup look, but for others of us who wear more day to day, this is a refreshing break from black liners and tons of blending of shadows. customize this look to fit your taste! it's a nice alternative to wearing no makeup at all, especially if you have to go from being outside in the sun to somewhere where you need to look a bit put together!

Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

what are your favorite summer makeup products? do you wear makeup at all?

x's + o's
kaitlin elaine

6 comments:

  1. This look is beautiful!

    www.sarahjaihelee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tutorial for hair style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial! You look beautiful with/sans makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you put on moisturizer before you put on the bb cream?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you don't ever use eyeliner? I have always used Merle Norman makeup because it's what my mom's always used (aww!). :) I think I might try that lipstick and bronzer though. I use blush as if it's a bronzer anyway. I think that's exactly what I've been looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Btw, I think you and your style are just SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete