-->

Monday, July 21, 2014

make-up monday: smoky summer bronze

summertime typically means we don't always wear a lot of makeup, or makeup at all. lately i haven't been wearing eyeshadow at all. even when i do wear a "lot" of make-up, it still isn't actually a lot for most of people. this look requires no eyeliner and a few different shadows. today i was in the mood to play around with my favorite urban decay naked 3 palette and create a smoky bronzy summer evening look topped off with nude lips and lots of bronzer!
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

let's get started!

1 // applied tarte amazonian clay 12-hr foundation with my fingers. i used this stuff in california because it doesn't melt off in hot weather. it's not my absolute favorite, but it's good!
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

2 // concealed under my eyes with physicians formula conceal Rx concealer in fair light. this stuff is SUPER pigmented, a little goes a long way!
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

3 // buff laura mericer mineral powder all over my face to set the foundation and blend with my flat top elf brush.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

4 // filled in my brows using my milani brow fix kit. see my brow tutorial here.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

5 // contoured and bronzed with my elf contouring blush and bronzer duo, only using the bronzer and an angled powder brush. focusing on cheekbones, temples, nose, and jawline.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

6 // started the eyes using the lightest matte white in my naked 3 palette "strange" all over lids up to the brow bone. then used a fluffy crease brush to blend "nooner" above the crease from inside to outside corner of the eye.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

7 // then using a less fluffy crease brush i added a combination of "factory" and "liar" into the outermost corner of the eye, outer V area, and then used a small shader brush to blend the same colored under the bottom lash line as liner.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

8 // curl lashes and then, TONS of mascara. if you're getting really fancy, apply flase lashes! i used L'oreal voluminous miss manga mascara in black.
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

9 // i love nude lips with smoky eyes and bronze skin, so i chose to use L'oreal color riche lipstick in 800 "fairest nude". this is the best nude because it still has a slight pink tone and doesn't look like concealer on your lips, ew!
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

that's it! simple smoky eye that is wearable enough for daytime but also appropriate for date night or going out with friends. this look also looks beautiful with a bold, red lip!

Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset

x's + o's
kaitlin elaine

7 comments:

  1. So pretty Kaitlin, what setup are you using for your portraits? These turned out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! thank you. I just use my iPhone 5s and my arm to hold it out. haha so unprofessional but it's working for now! xo

      Delete
  2. You take these with an iPhone??? Wow that's amazing. And the make up is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, love this! I am so horrible with makeup. I'm ready to buy some GOOD makeup (for the first time!) but with college this fall, I'm looking to purchase the bare minimum. What would you suggest??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your make up tutorials. And that lipstick!! You both have such great fashion sense . Would love to see a Summer Rainy Day Outfit post. I'm always looking for different ways to change up my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! I am actually going to Sephora to get my make up done for my engagement photos tonight and i'm bringing your photo. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete