-->

Friday, July 25, 2014

follow friday // @chromarose

name // Elisabeth Rose Kokesh 
age // Twenty
location // Portland, Oregon
occupation // Fashion Photographer

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

i recently became obsessed with this rad gal's instagram feed after finding her through a comment she left on a photo of mine regarding our mutual love of bell bottoms! i soon after learned she lives in portland oregon, which is only like 3 hours from me. [!!!] needless to say, i was ecstatic over the possibility of meeting the girl behind the camera who takes amazing photos and has the psychedelic 60's/70's vibes i am always channeling. and then even more excited at the thought of her possibly taking MY photo, making me look [or at least feel] like i belong in First Aid Kit or someone who could have dated George Harrison. go follow her!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

+ + +

1 // your style is on point & i would love to raid your closet/go vintage shopping with you: what are 3 of your staple clothing items you could never live without?
Frye booties, Minnetonka braided leather all weather hat, and these psychedelic Janis Joplin-esque pants I scored for $10 at Buffalo Exchange.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

2 // your photos are so inspiring! how did you start taking photos & what inspires your photography?
My mother shot all of my childhood photos on her Pentax k1000, you could say film runs through my blood. Day to day reality tends to bore me, but ironically I only ever shoot my closest friends, which helps me create these timeless, intimate abstractions of everyday life. The vintage Polaroid feel of Neil Krug and the nostalgic work of Petra Collins really inspires my work. And of course, good ole rock n' roll.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

3 // what's your favorite part about taking a photograph?
I love making people feel beautiful. Helping women see themselves in a different light through the lens is what keeps me shooting and happy.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

4 // if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be & where would you plant yourself?
A ponderosa pine, which are scattered all throughout my hometown of Sisters, Oregon. They stand firm and relentless against the test of any season or element, and I would forever get to grow close to home. 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

5 // what are your 5 items you'd bring on a deserted island with you?
My Canon AE-1, a polaroid camera, as much film as possible, a hammock, and my travel diary.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

6 // where do you see yourself in 5 years personally & professionally?
I will forever call the Pacific Northwest home, but I don't see myself settling into any certain place or career for years to come. I am too preoccupied with the allure of travel, of immersing myself in foreign peoples and culture. After a long while maybe making my way home and hopefully working for Free People.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

7 // what's the best part about living where you do, & do you want to live anywhere else?
I've been all over America, but no place will ever have such a hold on my heart as Oregon. Beer, mountains, bearded men, and folk music galore... what more could a girl ask for?
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

8 // describe your personality in 3 words:
Inquisitive, introspective, and passionate.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

9 // if you could trade lives with anyone dead or alive for one day, who would you be?
Marie Antoinette; Speak french, live in Versailles, eat cake and lounge in beautiful clothes all day, vive la vie!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

10 // share a piece of advice or a message you'd love to broadcast to the world:
Spend time alone, stick to your gut, and live fearlessly... the most important relationship of your life is with yourself.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


<<--- follow --->>

x's + o's
kaitlin elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment