-->

Monday, March 10, 2014

makeup monday: flat iron waves

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


it's no secret that i curl my hair but the secret is i don't know how to use an actual curling iron.
i've been using this 1/2 inch flat iron for years.. and my favorite flat iron has been a cheap
revlon that my mom got me from target two years ago.

my hair is naturally flat as a board. i am part powhatan indian & i totally inherited the thick
straight hair. as my hair stylist says that i have "asian hair."

what i love about this look is that it looks effortless. i personally don't care for "super heavy
hair spray, put together, i took 5 hours to do this" -- hair.

   Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

1. you need a 1/2 inch flat iron



2. straighten hair

 

3. start at the top and "flick" your wrist to the right to start curling



4. use hands to brush through the curls + "fluff" hair



then you're done!




super simple! i hope the pictures helped with the tutorial!
(sometimes its hard to put into words how to curl hair!)
 but the secrets out!

 i also use brocato's actives for fly aways

thanks to nate embrey for taking this photos!

 x's + o's, chelsea diane

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I really love this unique way of curling your hair. Thank you for sharing. (ps not sure if that is a typo but it says it took 5 hours?) http://www.lovelyclustersblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi rachel! thanks for your feedback!

      what chelsea meant was that its an effortless style and she doesn't like styles that look like it took 5 hours to do!

      what i love about this look is that it looks effortless. i personally don't care for "super heavy
      hair spray, put together, i took 5 hours to do this" -- hair.

      xo!

      Delete
  2. Yay for stick straight hair... mine is as well, and the only thing that will curl it and hold is a curling wand that gets to 400+ degrees. Insane! Glad this works for you though, I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hairdresser always makes flat iron curls look so effortless and then i try them myself and fail at it! i guess i have to keep persistent. thanks for sharing this! your curls are uber pretty.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post (and your blog!)! Would you ever consider making a video tutorial of it? It would really help me see the prcoess better.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding post! I just love the way you used your flat iron for curling your hair! I have naturally straight hair but I like curls. Now I got the wonderful trick for curling the hair using a flat iron. Superb article!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its not only phones that improve your lifestyle .Other things can a make a difference too.........Iron board manufacturer in India & Household product manufacturer in India

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    cyber monday mattress deals

    ReplyDelete