-->

Thursday, August 21, 2014

thrifty thursday // vintage finds

Monday was a random day of thrifting, ferry rides, and ice cream.
the sun was out and thrifting luck was on our side because I scored some amazing finds!

Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset

St. Vincent de Paul is one of my favorite places to go, specifically because they tend to have a large selection of vintage pieces and you can luck out and find really old really random stuff unlike Goodwill. we found a Polaroid camera with 3 shots left in it, and I of course wasted the first shot on a stupid face because there is never film left that actually works!
Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with m4 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with m4 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with m4 preset

found a huge basket of old buttons and pins and spent a good 20 minutes looking through every single one.
these were my favorites! [didn't get the Boy Wanted one, that one just made me laugh ;)]
Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with m4 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with m4 preset
this AMAZING HUGE macrame plant hanger was $10. you can see my normal sized one to the left. it's ENORMOUS and I love it! I can't wait to have a house where I can actually hang it somewhere it doesn't look ridiculous!

Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset
the vintage book selection was awesome and 50% off! I picked out "Songs of Horticulture" which are poems/songs about flowers, trees, and nature. also picked up "Of Men and Mountains" just because I liked the name, really ;)
Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset

over the past few weeks I collected a few more items on my various trips in and out of different thrift shops, including another macrame hanger, a wooden mug holder [which I might use to hang my hats!] and a floral glass coaster.
Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset

thrift days like these make me feel the need to stop in every store, every time I pass by!
you never know what amazing deals on really awesome stuff you could be missing out on!

Processed with VSCOcam with m4 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with m4 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with m4 preset

happy thrifting!

x's + o's
kaitlin elaine


[thanks lonnie webb for the photos!]

2 comments:

  1. Where is this darling thrift shop at? I live in the area and I'm always eager to find new ones. I actually have a St. Vincent de Paul near my house that I've never ventured in! You've surely convinced me to explore it!

    xo,
    Malia

    www.littleladychang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pins are amazing! I need to go thrifting more often. It used to be an every weekend occurrence and now I can't remember the last time I even went. Shame, shame shame... Love the ferry shots, isn't Washington the best? :) Love your blog, glad I stumbled upon it!

    ReplyDelete