-->

Monday, August 18, 2014

make-up monday // kaitlin's recent beauty faves

I know it's only august but I can already feel the autumn chill in the morning and evening air, and I don't mind it one bit considering the absolutely uncharacteristically hot, gorgeous summer we've had here! I love season changes, because for me that means a change in not only wardrobe, but hair and makeup as well! here are a few of my recent favorites including body oils, new make-up, and my hair inspiration!

Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset

1. Fossil 1954 for Women fragrance
2. AVEDA bronzer in Bronze Glow
3. Milani baked blush in Rose d'Oro
4. Well Body body oils in Litsea & Mint and Jasmine & Clary Sage
5. Lip Smackers in Watermelon and Red Raspberry
6. My Hair-spiration via Pinterest

Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset
1 // I was lucky enough to be chosen to be part of Fossil's launch for their very first fragrance, Fossil 1954. it comes in both men & women's versions. I have been wearing this non-stop, it has the perfect combination of feminine-meets-masculine notes, while staying light and fresh and never over-powering.

Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset
2 // I used this bronzer on a bride recently when I did her make-up for her wedding, and I was completely in love with the way it made her skin look! it's a gorgeous, bronzey color, not orange at all, and as the name suggests, makes your skin GLOW without sparkling or looking glittery. the only not-so-favorite thing about this is that AVEDA is so eco-friendly that there is minimal packaging and you must purchase a separate re-usable compact to store it in! I just haven't gotten around to that yet ;)

Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset
3 // I have mentioned my love for Milani's baked blush in "Luminoso" before, and this is her equally beautiful sister! I picked this shade up because I was looking for a bit of a deeper, rosier color for going into the cooler months, but still something with a pretty golden glow like Luminoso. this is it! gorgeous flecks of gold shimmer and a deep rosy color-- a little goes a long way!

Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset
4 // body oils were never something I had really tried or was into until the coconut oil rage started. I do love me some coconut oil, and even though it's light and works wonders, I still feel greasy and I don't feel like it ever fully absorbs into my skin. BUT THEN I tried these handcrafted, amazingly scented body oils from Well Body, specifically made to hydrate and sink into your skin. I will never go back! these are amazing. I can apply them when I get out of the shower and within 30 minutes my skin is super soft but not one bit oily feeling. I love the Litsea + Mint scent so much, smelling fresh and lemony! Jasmine + Clary sage is wonderful too and smells a lot like earl gray tea!

Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset
5 // okay, I'm sure at some point we've all used this product. I hadn't owned a Lip Smackers since I was about 10 years old , and for some reason I picked one up, impulsively, while I was at Target the other day. and then the next trip I picked up a SECOND! these are so perfect and summery, the smell and the taste, I just want to eat them! they go on clear, but are much glossier than lip balm or chapstick so it adds a bit more to your lips on those no-lipstick hot summer days! plus the flavors they come in now... YUM!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
6 // these are some cuts, colors, bangs, and looks that have been inspiring my personal look lately. as I mentioned, I love the inspiration for change that the changing of seasons brings. I'm not one who is really afraid of changing my hair and doing different things often [within reason, of course.] my job is to inspire whoever sits in my chair in the salon to do something other than what they always have done. if every time my clients see me and I have the same cut & color on my own head, why should they feel the need to change their own? I'm responsible to inspire and encourage them to step out and take those small risks. my philosophy for a lot of things is "you only live once" [yeah, YOLO, I know!] but when else are you going to have bangs, or have gorgeous, red hair? in your next life? NO. now is your time!

x's + o's
kaitlin elaine

1 comment: