-->

Monday, October 6, 2014

make-up monday: five fall favorites!


"it's fall! it's fall!" I scream as I trample through crunchy, fallen leaves. I actually do do this whenever I see piles of leaves along the street. anyway, I am just so happy with the change in seasons so I am finding any and every excuse to do "autumn" themed everything!

here are a few of my recent fall beauty favorites I used when creating the above look, which is a typical every day look for me during the fall and winter months! I love dark lips paired with simple eyes, and this brown lipstick is such a great alternative to the classic fall and winter reds!




1 // Revlon Colorstay foundation for oily/combo skin in "200 Nude"
I love this foundation so much! I've been working long days and noticing my makeup melting off by the end, so this keeps my face looking fresh for nearly 24hrs, as it claims. I still set it with a bit of my Laura Mericer powder.

2 // Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman buffing & contour brushes
I've heard so much hype abour these makeup brushes and finally got my hands on a set. I love the buffing brush for applying my foundation and I usually the contour brush for blending concealer under my eyes, rather than to contour! I highly recommend these, they are synthetic hair and very high quality for the inexpensive price!

3 // MAC paint pot in "Bare Study"
this color is the perfect base for a simple eye with winged liner, it's a gorgeous, pinky nude shade with some gold shimmer. I apply it all over my lids with my finger and then add a warm brown in the crease for definition, then add winged liner and mascara! the perfect simple eye.

4 // MAC amplified lipstick in "Tabla"
this lipstick is something I have been looking for forever! I used to have an amazing brown lipstick by Revlon called "fleshtone" but I think it was discontinued and I have been lost every since. this is a brown with no red and a beautiful golden undertone. such a good switch-up from the typical deep fall colors!

5 // Revlon Colorstay Skinny Liquid Liner in "Black Out"
I had been looking for a new liquid liner, and decided to try this one. it has an extra skinny felt tip applicator to get the most precise, thin line. plus, it's from the "colorstay" range, meaning it lasts all day, doesn't transfer or smudge, and is a very true black color. a new favorite!



these were just a few of my favorite make-up bits I've been loving lately!
the rest of the make-up on my face it about the same to what I used in my last "autumn eyes tutorial" which you can check out HERE!


what are your favorite fall make-up items?!
does anyone know what happened to Revlon's "fleshtone" lipstick?

x's + o's
kaitlin elaine

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I never thought about wearing brown lipstick... It looks beautiful on you though :)
    Juli Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing colour for this fall :)) I think i will try something similar. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revlon is always discontinuing lipsticks, and Fleshtone is one of them. The only thing like it is Sandalwood Beige-- and maybe Mink.

    ReplyDelete